ALL CLASSES: BE SURE TO BRING YOUR SEWING MACHINE MANUAL IN THE EVENT AN ADJUSTMENT IS NEEDED.
FREE MOTION CLASS: $35.00 LEARN HOW TO QUILT YOUR QUILTS WITH MEANDERING! Call to request a class on your time schedule!
2 fat quarters sandwiched together with batting to practice on. Bring more fat quarters if you like, or bring a quilt that has been hanging around waiting to be quilted.
CALL TO SIGN UP: 504-284-3455
Gather up all those t-shirts that have been collecting dust, wash them in detergent with no softner of any kind, not even "Bounce sheets". The pellon will NOT adhere to the t-shirt if it is laundered with a softner.
6.5" x 24" Ruler
Pellon Featherweight 911
Square up Ruler, the size you want your blocks to be. 16.5" X 16.5" is recommended.
Approximately 15 to 20 t-shirts.
You will be given a pattern to make a quilt with 4 blocks across and 4 or 5 blocks down, sashings between and a border.
Fee for class is $35.00
"Beginner's Quilting 101" Now in session: Next class starting when you are ready! Call me!
Call to sign up 504-284-3455
You will learn how to use a rotary cutter, piece 12 differenct blocks, assemble them into a quilt top, learn how to sandwich your quilt top, and finally, sew on the binding and sign your quilt. This is a series of 3 to 4 classes. Fee is $35.00 for each class, plus the cost of your material and supplies if you don't already have them.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR CLASS:
Rotary Cutter and a cutting mat, 6 1/2 X 24" ruler, 12 1/2 " Square-up ruler, Quilter's Quick Quarter Ruler, Chalk Marking tool. I will have a cutting table set up and an ironing station for the class to use. Sewing machine and book.
FABRIC NEEDED TO MAKE THE QUILT BLOCKS:
Two yards of a light fabric
Two yards of a dark fabric
Two yards of a medium fabric
ADDITIONAL FABRIC will be needed for the sashings and the border. You will be given those instructions after the twelve blocks are made.
NEXT "BEGINNER'S QUILTING 101" can be scheduled to suit your time: Call to sign up: 504-284-3455.
"QUILT AS YOU GO" CLASS: This is a really FUN class! Don't miss it! Call to sign up: 504-284-3455.
1. Sewing machine, mat, rotary cutter. I'll have an ironing station set up for the class to use.
2. Batting: Cut four, 7" squares
3. Main focus fabric: Cut four, 7 3/8" squares. Then cut those 7 3/8" squares in half diagonally.
4. Strips of fabric: Cut one strip of each size, different color or pattern for each size as follows: 1 1/4" x WOF(width of fabric), 1 1/2" x WOF, 1 3/4" x WOF, 2 1/2" x WOF.
5. Sashing fabric: Pick a color or pattern, that will make your strips and focus fabric stand out!
6. 6 1/2" Square up ruler.
This will make up the four blocks. Keep in mind, you may want to have extra fabric to continue making this into a quilt, size of your choice.
"CRAZY QUILTING CLASS" BRING YOUR IMAGINATION!!!! Class Dates: Call to schedule a class. Call your sewing buddies and make a day of it.
1. One square of muslin, 9" x 9" ( You can make as many as you want, one is needed for the class)
2. Main focus fabric and lots of coordinating fabrics.
3. Embellishing ideas: Buttons, ric rac of different widths, yarns, such as "eyelash" yarn.
4. Sewing machine that can do different stitches, such as a blanket stitch, feather stitch, anything fun.
5. Bring your wildest imagination to create this block. Fun, Fun, Fun!
SR. ANNE'S PURSE CLASS!
LIMITED TO 6 STUDENTS A CLASS! DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS FUN CLASS!
CALL: 504-284-3455 TO SIGN UP asap!
sewing machine and ususal supplies
batting 18" x 22"
see thru template plastic at least 14" x 20"
one standard zipper to match binding, or coordinate with outside fabric
Note: to save time, please sandwich your fabric and have it quilted either by hand or machine before the class
Fabric can be 3 fat quarters, or the equivalent (outside, lining & binding)
PAPER PIECING CLASS IS ALSO AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, CALL TO SCHEDULE A CLASS
Bring your lunch, as we will break for lunch. I have Cokes, Diet Cokes and bottled water for $.50 each.
- Monday-Friday: 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Sunday: Closed